Monday, January 18, 2010

Riding a bike without training wheels

Brianna has had her bike for a while but we have never taken the training wheels off.... until today........ I go outside (my mom was with her she was not outside alone) and she is riding the bike and it appears that she is a very stable rider so I suggest...... Do you want me to take the training wheels off.... Brianna replies.... YES!!!! So I go and find a wrench in the garage (which is a small victory in its own right) and remove the wheels.... We take the bike back to the street and she gets on I run along beside her and then let go... Brianna manages about two additional pedals on the bike and then crash.... This continued for a while and she laughed each time.... Finally, I was afraid that she would injure herself and talked her into trying again tomorrow........ Hopefully I will have news of a successful bike rider by the end of the week!!!!

No comments: